2021 – Season 12 Is Wrapping Up!
Sign up for a 2022 Plot
Join us as we celebrate the community that has grown up around
The Pumpkin Patch Community Garden.
- Celebrate with the gardener’s experience of growing their own produce.
- Celebrate with the beginning group that is just discovering the wonder of seeds becoming plants and plants yielding food.
- Celebrate with the more seasoned gardeners as they anticipate what will happen this year, because every year is a new adventure.
- Celebrate with us we experience the wonder of taking what we have received and sharing.
- Celebrate with us as we thank God for the wonderful harvests He provides; as we pass along to other organizations on the front lines of caring for people in need.
- Celebrate with us as we see the gardeners become excited about their experiences.
- Celebrate with us as we have received so much from so many generous individuals, organizations and businesses.
- Celebrate with the people who have given so much as they experience the intrinsic rewards that come from making a difference in our community.
Volunteers welcome and invited to help put the 2021 garden to rest for the winter.
Ways you can be involved
Pulling plant and weeds out of garden plots.
Harvesting Potatoes. Planting Garlic.
Taking down fencing. Assembling plot boxes.
Draining and rolling up hoses.
Moving Wood chips in between garden plots.
Friends of the Garden
“Friends of the Garden” are people who enjoy working in the garden in a particular way that is meaningful to both them and the garden. In both the 2020 & 2021 season friends of the garden made a huge impact throughout the garden. Read more about being a friend of the garden on Page Two.
The PPCG was started the spring of 2010 by Millwood Community Presbyterian Church (MCPC) and several other generous contributors. See our start up page for a list of those sponsors. We are thankful for 10 seasons of MCPC’s sponsorship which ended mid-way through the 2019 season.
Millwood Community Association brought the PPCG under their umbrella in 2020 believing the garden to be a positive contributor to the Millwood / Spokane Valley area. If you have the ability and desire to support the PPCG with a charity donation, then please use the contact us link below to get a conversation started.